The aim of this training is:
To provide people who work with or support ...
To provide people who work with or support older
people with the knowledge, skills and confidence to implement cancer prevention
and awareness in their everyday role.
1. To help users promote the prevention
and early detection of cancer in everyday practice
2. To increase knowledge of cancer risk
factors and signs and symptoms of cancer
3. To increase awareness of cancer
4. To increase confidence in motivating people to
make positive health choices (e.g. in relation to healthy eating or increasing
5. To increase confidence in encouraging uptake of
cancer screening programmes